BILLmanager 4 and BILLmanager 5 functionality comparision
We made a number of changes BILLmanager 5 has a number of changes both in the interface and functionality.
- New COREmanager 5 engine
- New user interface, which can be customized according to personal needs
- API (however, some features remain unchanged)
- Heading files for development of custom integration modules, plug-ins, and BILLmanager sections
- Updated file structure
- New built-in ihttpd server
- New setup mechanism, which allows to install and configure integration modules with the use of repositories
- Automatic payments; some payment gateways support refunds, and automatic money back
- Service (and other objects) history
- Clients segments (different selection criteria and automatic mass mailing)
- New billing type "Client can choose" allowing for more flexible configuration of service add-ons
- Recalculation history
- New limits for service order
- New contract types
- Automatic and manual validation of payer data
- Localization tools
- Synchronization mechanisms for:
- IP addresses. BILLmanager 5 once in 24 hours synchronizes data by IP addresses
- OS templates. It allows to monitor usage of paid OS templates
- Services. For example, when you integrate BILLmanager with VMmanager, the billing system will check that all virtual machines created in VMmanager are also created in BILLmanager. If a virtula machine is found in VMmanager, but doesn't exist in the billing system, the corresponding notification will be created in the "Notifications" module.
- Clients: Personal account information is now displayed in the Clients section.
- Clients: the Personal account information module is no longer available.
- Product types: configuration scheme has been completely modified.
- Staff members, contact - now in the User settings module.
- Company settings. Free domain names - now in the Tariff plans module.
- Company settings. User template name - now in the Tariff plans module.
- Company settings. Invoices generation - now in the payment method edit form (“assign to company").
- Global settings. Do not suspend services on weekends - can be selected in the Product types and Tariff plans module.
- Manual setup of services. The "Tasks" module enables to manage automatic errors, and perform a number of other operations that can be performed only by Admins
- Advanced integration with DNSmanager: automatic creation of free domain names that are generated for services on provider's name servers
- Integration with IPmanager is a mandatory step when you integrate BILLmanager with other ISPsystem's control panels
- Integration with domain registrars and SSL providers in now performed in the list of Processing modules
- Disabled add-ons are no longer billed
- Internal names for units of measure are specified according to international standards
- Payment methods are no longer associated with companies and can be used without them
- Tax rates are set for service provider
- Discounts are no longer available for "Clients groups". Group discounts can be created in the "Promo actions" module
- URL of payment notifications were changed for most payment gateways
- BILLmanager no longer runs via Apache, however Nginx proxying remains unchanged
- "Enumeration with quantity" add-on type was changed into "Client can choose" allowing for more flexible configuration
- Ticket category. A client can choose a department when creating a new ticket. You can add a department description that will be available to clients
- "Game hosting". You can use a custom service type in order to configure this service
We can not identify you and respond to your message.