DCImanager: NetFlow statistics collection
DCImanager 5.3.0 and later supports NetFlow/IPFIX. This article goes you through the steps you need to walk through to configure NetFlow statistics collection.
First you need to activate NetFlow/IPFIX in the DCImanager global settings module (go to Settings->Global settings). Open the NetFlow/IPFIX tab to select the check box "Enable NetFlow/IPFIX". The following fields will show:
- NetFlow interface - network interface where the daemon will run.
- NetFlow port - port where the daemon will run.
You can also select how you want to collect server traffic statistics:
- For all servers - NetFlow traffic usage information will be collected from all servers. Traffic usage information collected from switches won't be calculated.
- Only for selected servers - NetFlow traffic usage information will be collected only from the selected servers. Traffic usage information collected for other servers will be collected from switches.
If you use NetFlow/IPFIX for collecting statistics only from specified server, you should in either of the following modules:
- Server types - on the server type edit form you can select traffic collection type for all the servers of that type (Switch or NetFlow).
- Servers - on the server edit form you can select traffic collection type for servers (Switch, NetFlow or depending on a server type).
Enabling statistics collection will add the AllowNetflowStat option into the configuration file.
Starting from version 5.126 DCImanager allows to copy NetFlow files. You may need it if you want to keep detailed traffic information. Add the following record into the configuration file /usr/local/mgr5/etc/dcimgr.conf:
path CopyFlowPath /var/flow
where /var/flow is the directory files will be copied to.
Restart DCImanager to apply the changes:
Further management, rotation and log of files should be made by server administrator.
We can not identify you and respond to your message.