DCImanager at work
|Hierarchy:||DCImanager -> Introduction|
|DCImanager Enterprise -> Introduction|
DCImanager is based on COREmanager and its key functions include:
- Information about servers and equipment
- Equipment management
- OS deployment
Information about servers and equipment
Server and equipment information is kept in the MySQL database. The database will be automatically installed and configured upon the DCImanager installation. You can modify database connection parameters in the configuration file (Note! You must understand what you are doing).
DCImanager can manage network equipment and power distribution units. The following network protocols are used:
- SNMP v1/v2c/v3
- IPMI v1.5/v2
DCImanager collects information about equipment. It assigns ports to servers thus enabling to manage server power and devices. Besides, by collecting information from switches DCImanager collects information about traffic usage.
This process normally includes:
- Create the OS template. Create and copy all required files for TFTP and NFS.
- Modify the DHCP and NFS configuration files. Restart DHCP to apply changes to NFS configuration.
- The panel reboots the server.
- The server boots using PXE and gets pxelinux by TFTP
- Depending on the OS template, the installer (or the installation script) starts and receives configuration from DCImanager through HTTP.
- Once the installation is complete, the server informs DCImanager about its results.
We can not identify you and respond to your message.