Dedicated server creation procedure
Virtual private servers are created by the ./processing/pmdcimgr processing module.
If the service type is colocation, a manual setup task will be created for technical staff, and the following operations are not performed.
When generating a list of servers available in the control panel, the following conditions must be met for each server:
- owner is not specified for the server;
- domain name is "free.ds";
- there are no issues with server equipment (the hwproblem flag in xml);
- The "Protect server" check box is not selected for the server (the forcelock flag in xml, the "Shield" icon is shown in the list of servers).
The process of creating a dedicated server includes the following steps:
- A server type is defined based on the internal name of the tariff plan
- If a domain name was not provided during the order process, a free domain name will be generated
- A new user is created in the control panel
- The system searches for available servers of this type. If they are not found, the server creation procedure will fail.
- The following operations will be performed for each server:
- The control panel's administrator (its credentials were used to set up integration with DCImanager) will be set as the server's owner. In case of errors on one of the steps below, the owner won't change, thus the server won't be used for new orders.
- Configuration of the processing module is updated in the database. The service cannot be ordered if there is only one server of this type.
- A domain name is set for the server; the domain name is set for all IP addresses of the server.
- If the server has been blocked by administrator, it will be unblocked and started. The operation timeout is 30 minutes. If the server cannot be activated during that time, the next available server will be used.
- A new license for the control panel is ordered.
- An operating system is installed. Windows installation timeout - 200 min, Linux - 140. Once this period is exceeded, or the installation fails, the next available server will be used.
- A user will be set as the server's owner.
- An account for name servers will be created if needed.
- In BILLmanager the dedic.open function will be called to complete the procedure. Once completed, the service status will change to "Active".
- A list of available servers gets updated every time the next available server is used.
- If available servers cannot be processed correctly, service activation will fail. If several processing modules are associated with the tariff plan, the next processing module will be selected and the service creation procedure will start from the very beginning on that module.
If all of the processing modules failed to set up the service, the corresponding task will be created for technical staff.
Attention! A server type is specified based on the internal name of the tariff plan, if the New server type check box is not selected. In DCImanager the Option OldServerType option must be enabled, otherwise the tariff name should match the value in the Configuration field in DCImanager.
We can not identify you and respond to your message.