There is a flexible discount system in BILLmanager which enables to add discounts to a certain client or to a group of clients meeting certain criteria.
A discount can be given:
- personally to a certain client. Such discount will be only related to a client it was assigned to. Personal discount can be assigned in Menu Clients -> Discounts.
- to all clients meeting certain criteria. These criteria can be configured in the Promotions module.
Discount can be related to:
- all products and services
- products and services of a certain project
- a certain product/service
- a certain validity period of a product/service
- a tariff plan add-on
Let's imagine we want to assaign a 50%-discount to a client for Host AB billing plan prolongation.
In order to create the discount, go to menu Clients -> Discounts which opens up the discount administration interface. Click the button Add to create a new discount.
Notice: we consciously set a large time interval in fields start date and end date. These values determine the actual period of time during which a discount will be valid. . If for example we set the interval from 2014-04-22 to 2016-07-22 and the service is prolonged for one year on 2016-05-22, the discount will be assigned to the client not for a year but for the first two months i.e. until 2016-07-22, after that date the price will be standard (with no discount).
Choose a Year option in the order periods field. It's necessary if client wants to prolong his service exactly for 1 year. If we prolong a service for any other period of time this discount will not work.
Personal discounts can be applied both on service prolongation and purchase.
Let's imagine we want to give a free domain name to all clients, who bought a virtual server.
In order to accomplish this go to Promotions, create a Promotion and set up its Conditions.
In the Validity period field choose The whole period, as it doesn’t matter for what exact period a virtual server is ordered.
Promotion discounts can be applied in menu Promotions -> Discounts.
In order to apply a domain discount only for the first year, change the Validity period field to Several first months and set 12 in the Validity period, months field.
Take the note of a discount type. Percent will be applied for a tariff plan and its add-ons. Special price will be applied only for the main service (tariff price), it won't be applied to its add-ons.
In order to set promo period, navigate to "Marketing" > "Promo" > "Edit":
For example, you can select 2014-04-22 to 2016-07-22, and client order a service with daily charges on 2016-05-22 for one year, discount will be applied, but it will be given only for two first months till 2016-07-22. Then his standard service price will be applied (without discount).
What discount will be applied?
There are situations when one client has several discounts at the same time. So, what discount will be applied in this case?
Discount are never summed up. If the client has several discounts:
- The discount with the largest priority will be applied. All discounts have priority, but it cannot be specified for a promotion discount. Its value is always "0".
- If several discounts have the same priority, the most specific discount will be applied. For example, the discount on all services has smaller priority than the discount on all shared hosting services.
- If several discounts have the same priority and are given on the same services, a larger discount will be applied.
We can not identify you and respond to your message.