Getting started with DNSmanager
If you are going to upgrade from DNSmanager 4, skip this step and proceed with data import. All the setting will be imported automatically.
If you install the panel for the first time, complete the following steps:
- Crate an "administrator" user.
- Drill down to the administrator panel
- Select the type of IP addresses (IPv4 and/or IPv6) to configure DNS global settings.
- Set up integration with IPmanager 5, if needed.
- If you want to use a local pool of IP addresses, add them in the IP address management module. Important: when adding new ranges of IP addresses, consider DNS global settings that you set on the previous step.
Note: if you skip any of the steps described above, you will be asked to add missing data when creating a user or reseller.
Use of IP addresses
When creating a user or reseller, DNSmanager allocates them a separate name space. A name space is view in the bind configuration file.
A separate IP address is assigned to every name space. Thus, a newly created user will be assigned a separate IP address.
This scheme is not very popular as it requires a great number of IP addresses.
How to allocate one IP address to several users
- Create a reseller in DNSmanager
- Drill down to the Reseller level
- Create a user on the Reseller level
- DO NOT select the "Private name space" check box on the creation form
We can not identify you and respond to your message.