Global settings (DCImanager)
|Hierarchy:||DCImanager -> Setup and configuration|
|DCImanager Enterprise -> Setup and configuration|
- Check before releasing - select the check box to automatically start server diagnostics.
- Clear disks - all of the disks will be cleaned up during diagnostics. This process may take a long time. Make sure your the diagnostics templates support this feature (ClearHddOnDiag).
- Full hard drive erase - all of the hard drives will be cleaned up during diagnostics. This process may take a long time. Make sure your the diagnostics templates support this feature (FullHddClearOnDiag).
- Diagnostics template - select a template that will be used after servers are deleted (DiagOnFreeTemplate).
- Power off servers after check - select the check box to automatically disable servers after diagnostics. (ShutdownAfterDiag).
- Check RAM frequency during diagnostics - select the check box to check frequency of every RAM module. By default this option is disabled and during diagnostics the RAM module will be considered found even if only its size matches the size that the server defines during the diagnostics process (PreciseRamDetection, from version 5.147)).
- Use different racks for equipment - select the check box if you want to connect server to a switch or PDU in any rack (AllowMixRack).
- Power off available servers automatically - servers without owners and active services will be deactivated automatically (AllowFreeServersAutoshutdown).
- Fix connections automatically - DCImanager will automatically correct connections to servers based on MAC-addresses from switches (EnableConnectionsAutoFix).
- Standard type of IP addresses - IP addresses of the selected type will be allocated to servers if no IP address is specified in the "IP block" field on the server configuration form (DefaulServerIpType).
- Time zone - the selected time zone will be set in OS templates for servers (OsInstallTimeZone).
- Region - select a region according to the time zone selected above.
- Location - geographic location.
- Enable auto search - select the check box to enable the automatic server search function.
- Server search network -a network (interface) for temporary location of new servers.
- IP range - a range of IP addresses that will be used for new servers. The range must correspond to the server search network.
- Auto search template - a template for server search.
- Proxy-server (IPv4) - select a proxy-server that will be used for OS installation. Leave the field blank, if you don't want to use a proxy-server.
- Proxy-server (IPv6) - select a proxy-server that will be used for OS installation. Leave the field blank, if you don't want to use a proxy-server.
- Recipe - select a recipe that will run after server deployment from OS template. This recipe will be executed even if it was not selected when starting the operation. A recipe is selected from all available recipes if its name and tag match the OS template tags
- OS installation timeout - select period in minutes which determines how long the system waits before stopping the OS installation process if it is not finished yet.
- Server restore timeout - select period in minutes which determines how long the system waits before stopping the server restore process if it is not finished yet. ISO boot timeout - select period in minutes which determines how long the system waits before stopping the ISO boot process if it is not finished yet.
- Name servers - enter IP addresses of name servers that will be set up on the server after OS template. You can use IPv4 or IPv6. Leave the field blank if you do not want to create additional name servers. In this case the name servers that DCImanager uses, will be set up on the target server after OS template
- Activate NetFlow/IPFIX - select the check box to make DCImanager collect statistics using NetFlow.
- NetFlow interface - select the interface to listen NetFlow/IPFIX.
- NetFlow port - select a port to listen NetFlow/IPFIX.
- Use NetFlow/IPFIX for statistics collection - NetFlow/IPFIX statistics collection policy.
- For all servers
- Only for selected servers
- Interfaces - add or delete the interface into the DHCP-server's configuration file. DHCP-server will run based on these interfaces.
- Enable VPU - select the check box to activate the "VLAN per user" mode. More information can be found under VLAN.
- Add to VLAN before diagnostics - when releasing a server, a switch port will be connected to a specified VLAN.
- Assign ID VLAN after release - all IP addresses will be deleted after the server is deleted from the VPU-network. The server port will be connected to the selected VLAN. After these changes are made, the diagnostics process will start.
- IP address type after release - select an IP address type that will be assigned to server.
- Router for synchronization - select a router where IRB interface will be set up.
- VPU network interface - the interface of the DCImanager server. A vlan-device will be created on this interface and assigned one of IP addresses from the VPU-network.
- IP address type - VPU-network will contain IP addresses of this type only.
- Alias IP type - select a type of alias IP addresses that will be allocated by default.
- VLAN ID range - VLAN can be created only with VLAN ID from these ranges. Supported format: number-number comma separated. E.g. 102-105, 2000-2500
- Provider network - it is used for Bird configuration. A special function will check that all alias IP addresses are allocated from that network. Otherwise, the aliases will be excluded from the switch announcement.
- ID AS - ID of the autonomous system. It is used for Bird configuration.
- Enable trap notifications - DCImanager will get notifications (traps) and update equipment statuses based on the information from that trap.
- Select a port to receive notifications - select a port that DCImanager will listen to for new notifications.
- Upload custom ISO-images - check the box to allow users to upload custom ISO-images.
- ISO-image size limit per user (Gb) - an ISO-image won't be uploaded if the specified size exceeds the limit
- Number of ISO-images per user - when the specified limit is reached, a user won't be able to upload more images
- ISO-image lifetime for user - set a period in hours that will pass before a custom image will be deleted
- Add IPMI automatically - select the check box to automatically assign IPMI to server, if it was found during diagnostics, and configure it according to DCImanager settings.
- Pool of IP-addresses - IP addresses for IPMI will be allocated from this pool.
- Automatically mark IPMI connections as service connections - if during diagnostics or server search the IPMI MAC address was identified, then server connection with this MAC address will be marked as service connection.
- Do not reset admin password - do not reset admin password during diagnostics.
- Create user for owner - add an operator in IPMI (user with limited permissions) automatically during server diagnostics and grant the server owner access with those credentials.
You can also add operators for the already created IPMI without diagnostics by calling the setipmioper function.
/usr/local/mgr5/sbin/mgrctl -m dcimgr setipmioper
You can specify reset=on to check all the IPMI and reset existing users.
/usr/local/mgr5/sbin/mgrctl -m dcimgr setipmioper reset=on
A new background operation will create a new operator with the name specified in DefaultIPMIOwnerName on all available IPMI (if the reset=on parameter is specified), where a user for owner is not selected (if the reset=on parameter is not specified).
We can not identify you and respond to your message.