Importing VPS from VDSmanager-KVM
Log into Vmmanager as root - > go to the "VPS import" module to view a list of servers running VDSmanager from which you are going to import your VPSs.
Click the "Add" icon to add a server and enter its IP address and name. Specify the public key from the "Public key" field in the /root/.ssh/authorized_keys file of the server running VDSmanager. If you know the root password of the server, select the check box "Root password" and enter the password into the corresponding field.
Once completed, the server will be added into the list.
Clicking the "VPS list" icon will open a list of virtual servers that are hosted on the server running VDSmanager.
Clicking the "Import" icon will open the import form.
The administrator selects a user who will be the owner of the imported VM. Selecting "auto" will create a user automatically. The server's IP address will be used as the username.
Select the administrator who will create a VM, VM template and storage where the virtual disk image will be created.
Clicking Ok will start the importing process. Clicking "Stop" will stop the importing process.
Clicking "Import all VPS" on the list of VPSs will import all of the VPSs from the selected server.
Once the import process is complete, the VPS will be suspended. VPSs on the source server won't be removed!
1. Sufficient resources on the cluster nodes.
2. Both VDSmanager and VMmanager should be integrated with IPmanager (if one of the control panels is integrated with that control panel).
3. VDSmanager must support KVM.
- err ERROR Error: Type: 'host_missing' Object: Value:
Cause of this issue: nodes for import are found
- Make sure there is sufficient space on the storage you want to use for import
- Make sure there is sufficient RAM for creating a virtual machine Calculating RAM.
- ERROR Error: Type: 'xml' Object: 'parse_file' Value: '/nfsshare/metainfo.xml'
To resolve this issue, create the /nfsshare/metainfo.xml file. You can copy the contents from metainfo.xml of any OS template.
We can not identify you and respond to your message.