List of mailboxes
An Mailbox is the part of a memory on the mail server that is used to receive and store e-mail from users that was sent to an e-mail address associated with a certain mailbox. POP3 or IMAP protocols are used for delivery of mail.
In this module you can add and manage your mailboxes.
- View a list of mailboxes
- Create new mailbox
- Edit mailbox parameters
- Delete mailbox
- Edit auto-responder parameters
- Email filtering
- Clear mailbox
- Mail settings
- Resume the selected mailbox
- Suspend the selected mailbox
- Drill down to mail account
View a list of mailboxes
- Name - mailbox name.
- IP address - IP address assigned to this mailbox. This field is shown only in ISPmanager Business.
- Properties - current status and properties of the mailbox:
- - the selected mailbox is active.
- - the selected mailbox is suspended.
- - the auto-responder is active.
- - incoming e-mail will be forwarded to another mailbox.
- Size - disk space (used/limit).
Create new mailbox
To add a new mailbox, click the "New" icon and fill out the form:
- Name - enter the name for the mailbox. This is the part of the e-mail address before the @ sign. You can use letters, digits and the - and . signs.
- Domain - select the domain name that your mailbox will be associated with.
- Aliases - enter the name of the alias(es) that you want to add for this mailbox. You can add unlimited number of aliases, space separated.
- Password - provide the password to access the mailbox.
- Confirmation - retype the password to ensure that it has been entered correctly.
- Send a copy to - enter the e-mail address where all incoming e-mail messages will be forwarded to. You can add unlimited e-mail addresses, space separated.
- Don't save incoming e-mails - check the box if you do not want to save received e-mail messages in this mailbox. This option can only be used when forwarding is active.
- Maximum size - enter the maximum amount of disk space that can be used by this mailbox.
- Enable greylisting - check the box to activate Greylisting.
Enter additional information related to this mailbox.
Edit mailbox parameters
To edit a mailbox, locate the mailbox you wish to edit, click the "Edit" icon and modify the settings you want to change.
Note: the "Name" and "Domain name" fields are not included into the edit form, because they cannot be modified.
Edit auto-responder parameters
This function can be used to automatically send response messages. This can be useful, if you cannot check you mailbox.
You may use the auto-responder to leave vacation notices, notifications and technical messages for your clients.
To add a new auto-responder, select the mailbox, click the "Auto-responder" icon and fill out the form:
- From - enter the name of the sender of the message and e-mail address that will be used as a sender address in the auto-responder's message, such as firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Subject - enter a subject of the auto-responder's message.
- Message - enter the text that should appear in the auto-responder’s message. Leaving this field blank will disable the auto-responder.
- Attach file - you can attach a file to your message.
- Turn on auto-responder - check the box to activate the auto-responder.
To delete a mailbox, select it from the list and click the "Delete" icon. Confirm that you want to delete the mailbox by clicking "OK" in the following form.
The function is used to delete the messages in the mailbox. Select the required mailbox and click the "Clear" icon. Confirm that you want to delete all the messages from the mailbox by clicking "OK" in the following form.
Drill down to mail account
You can access the control panel with privileges of the selected user. Select it from the list and click the "Enter" icon.
Once drilled down, you will be able to manage the control panel with privileges of that mail account.
To return to your level, click the link next to the welcome line.
We can not identify you and respond to your message.