Policy (VMmanager OVZ)
Control panel policy specifies conditions for managing the actions the control panel performs.
The Basic tab
- Enable traffic shaping - select the check box to be able to specify traffic shaping for each container.
- Synchronize parameters of containers - containers' parameters will be synchronized once a day at midnight. The following parameters will be synchronized: amount of RAM, HDD, CPU, number of CPU. Containers' statuses will be synchronized as well once in 15 minutes.
- Allow overselling - select the check box to check available resources while creating a new containers.
- RAM overselling - provide the percentage of RAM that virtual machines will be allowed to use (50% is the minimum value, 1000% is the maximum value).
- HDD overselling - provide the percentage of HDD that virtual machines will be allowed to use (50% - 500%).
- CPU overselling - provide the percentage of CPU that virtual machines will be allowed to use (50% - 1000%).
- CPU limits for containers - select one of the CPU limits (the cpulimit parameter on OpenVZ):
- Unlimited mode - the maximum CPU limit for container is calculated as follows: cpus*100%, where cpus is the number of processor's kernels allocated to this container.
- Limited mode - the maximum CPU is limited by the container's parameters as follows: cpus*cpuunits*100/cpufreq, where cpus is the number of processor's kernels allocated to this container. ; cpuunits is the CPU weight (frequency); cpufreq is the actual CPU frequency on the cluster node.
- Adaptive mode - in this mode VMmanager OVZ will dynamically change the maximum CPU depending on the load generated by containers of the cluster nodes.
- Migration method - select a migration method:
- Standard migration - zmigrate utility, live migration is supported;
- VMmanager OVZ migration algorithm - internal algorithm is used, live migration is not supported
The Swap tab
- Individual swap limits - selecting this check box will enable to specify individual "Swap/Ram ratio"; otherwise, the same ratio is applied to all containers.
- Swap/Ram ratio - specify the ratio between swap and RAM in %. The default value is 200%.
- Apply to existing - select the check box to apply the "Swap/Ram ratio" parameter to all containers.
We can not identify you and respond to your message.