This module can be used to manage racks to which data center equipment can be placed.
You can add a new rack, add additional information related to its usage and view the number of servers that are currently using a specific rack.
View a list of racks
- Name - name of the rack.
- Switch ports - the number of switch ports installed into this rack (used/total number).
- Power port - the number of PDU ports installed into this rack (used/total number).
- Power consumption - power consumption by the servers in this rack.
- Network load (packets/sec) - total network load by the servers in this rack.
- Temperature - rack temperature (this information is only displayed in DCImanager Enterprise).
- Status - information related to server search option:
- - server search option is active for this rack
- no information - server search option is not active for this rack
- Notes - additional information related to this rack.
Add new rack
To create a new rack, click the "New" icon and fill out the form:
- Name - enter the name for the new rack.
- Notes - provide any information related to the newly created rack.
- Allow server search - select the check box to enable the automatic server search option for the newly created rack. When defining PDU ports connected to found servers, DCImanager will disable free and non-service PDU ports one after another and ping the servers.
Attention - if you don't want to enable ports of some servers, navigate to '"Power (PDU)" → "Ports" → "Edit" → check the Service port box.
Edit rack properties
To edit a rack, locate the one you wish to edit, click the "Edit" icon and modify the settings you want to change.
To delete a rack, select it from the list and click the "Delete" icon. Confirm that you want to delete the selected rack by clicking OK on the following form.
We can not identify you and respond to your message.