If your clients are dealing with e-commerce and they need to secure personal and confidential data that are transferred through the Internet (e.g. credit card information, authorization data, etc.), you may provide them with an SSL certificates service. SSL - Secure Sockets Layer - provides secure transfer of information between client and Internet.
SSL technology makes use of private key for data encryption transferred through an SSL connection. To provide secure connection through a SSL protocol between server and browser, a SSL certificate is required. It is an electronic document which uses a digital signature to bind together a public key with an identity information. SSL certificate contains information about the key's owner, public key, etc.
The module can be used for SSL certificates management. You can add and delete certificates, view information about a certificate, download it and so on.
- View a list of certificates
- Add new certificate
- Delete certificate
- Change certificate
- Certificate information
View a list of certificates
- Certificate name - name of the SSL certificate.
- Owner - user who owns this certificate.
- Expiration date - date and time when the certificate expires.
- Type - type of the SSL certificate:
- existent - import the certificate you already have.
- self-signed - certificate is signed by its creator.
- In use - current status of the certificate
- - this SSL certificate is installed on a domain.
- - this SSL certificate is not installed on a domain.
Add new certificate
The form fields may vary depending on the certificate type:
- Certificate type - choose an SSL certificate type:
- Username - select a user for who will own this certificate.
- Domain name - enter the domain name for which this certificate will be issued.
- Certificate name - enter the name for the certificate.
- Country Code - enter the two-letter ISO code for the country where your organization is located, such as US or BE'.
- Region - enter the state or region where your organization is located.
- City - enter the the city or locality where your organization is located.
- Organization - enter the the legal name of your organization.
- Organizational unit - enter the division of your organization handling the certificate.
- Email - enter an email address of the contact person.
- Key length - select the length of the certificate key.
- Valid until - certificate expiration date. This form is not displayed if you choose "Request" in the "Certificate type" form.
- Start date - select the date when the certificate will become valid.
- Expiration date - select the date when the certificate will expire.
- Username - select a user who will own this certificate.
- Certificate name - enter the name for the SSL certificate.
- Certificate - enter the contents of the certificate.
- Certificate key - enter the key file content.
- Certificates chain - a certificate chain is a sequence of certificates, where each certificate in the chain is signed by the subsequent certificate. Required for the third level and higher certificates.
- Domains - domains associated with this certificate.
- Certificates - select a certificate that you want to use instead of the selected one.
To view the information about a certificate, select it and click the "Info" icon. The form will vary depending on the certificate type. Normally, this form includes information that you have provided when creating a new SSL certificate.
The information in the form is read-only.
To delete a certificate, select it from the list and click the "Delete" icon. Confirm that you want to delete the selected SSL certificate by clicking "OK" in the following form.
We can not identify you and respond to your message.