A Server type is a set of parameters that allow you to group your server according to certain configuration. For example, you can create a type according to the servers' hardware configuration, bandwidth, capacity, etc. Depending on your users' needs you can offer them the best solution for their business.
This module can be used for managing server types: you can add a new server type, edit and delete an existing one. When adding a new server in DCImanager, you will be able to choose a desired type.
- View a list of server types
- Add new server type
- Edit server type
- Delete server type
- Operating systems
- Test operating system
View a list of server types
- Name - the name of the server type.
- Servers - the total number of servers of this type.
- Servers (available) - the number of available servers of this type.
- Supported OS - the number of operating systems that can be installed on servers of this type (not displayed in DCImanager Essential)
- Notes - additional information related to this server type.
Add new server type
To add a new server type, click the "New" icon and fill out the form.
Note: In DCImanager Essential you can only provide the name and information related to the newly created server type.
- Name - provide the name for the new server type.
- Number of cores - provide the total number of cores on the server.
- RAM - provide the amount of RAM (in MB).
- RAM performance - server's RAM performance should be larger than the value specified in this field (in operations per second).
- Number of hard drives - provide the number of hard drives that can be installed on the server.
- Hard drive size (Gb)- the size of the hard drive should be larger than the value specified in this field.
- Hard drive benchmark - hard drive performance should be larger than the value specified in this field.
- Hardware RAID - select the check box if the hardware RAID is used on servers of this type.
- Notes - provide additional information related to this type.
Edit server type
To edit a server type, locate the one you wish to edit, click the "Edit" icon and modify the settings you want to change.
Delete server type
To delete a server type, select it from the list and click the "Delete" icon. Confirm that you want to delete the selected server type by clicking OK on the following form.
We can not identify you and respond to your message.