In BILLmanager and BILLmanager Corporate you can set up taxes.
Login to BILLmanager Corporate -- "Providers" -- the "Taxes" button.
Or, login to BILLmanager -- "Taxes".
Click the "Settings" button to make sure that default settings suit you.
- Do not include into price - a tax is not included into the tariff price. Clients will pay for a tariff plan + tax. By default, taxes are included into prices and all clients will see the same service price.
- Show tax when a client adds funds - a tax will be shown when a client makes advance payment. This is a mandatory requirement in some countries.
Click the "Add" icon to create a tax rule.
- Payer country - select a country to create a tax rule.
- Region - if you want to set up a two-layer tax system, you can add a federal tax (all) and a state tax (they will be summed up).
- Tax rate - enter a tax rate.
- Apply to the selected product types - you will be able to choose products for which you want to create a tax rule.
- Product types - choose product types for which you want to create a tax rule.
If you create a rule for a certain product, the rule will have larger priority than rules with any type. If you create a rule for a certain country, it will also have larger priority than the rule without country.
2-layer tax system
BILLmanager 5 supports a two-layer tax system. You can create a rule both for a country (federal tax), and for a certain state or region. Note: region and federal taxes are summed up.
Allow a client to create payers from different countries
Navigate to Global settings -- Allow a client to create payers from different countries .
We don't recommend that you enable this option, as this will influence tax rules. E.g. if you set up different federal taxes for a client with payers from different countries, the billing system will apply only those taxes that are associated with the last payment.
Taxes are calculated based on the country and region selected in the client profile page.
(Admin level) Navigate to -- select a client -- click "Edit":
(User level) Navigate to the Dashboard page of your client area:
Let's assume that we have configured the following tax rates:
We sell two services - Virtual servers and Shared hosting, and have the following clients:
The tax will be calculated as follows:
1. John will pay Federal country tax (6%) + Region tax (9%) = 15%.
2. Sam will pay Federal country tax (6%) + Region tax (9%) = 15%. I.e. the tax will be the same, however he buys a different service.
3. Peter will pay Federal country tax (6%) + Region tax (16%) = 25%.
4. Jack will pay Federal country tax (6%) + Region tax (16%)according to service type (25%) = 31%.
5. Daniel will pay Federal country tax (5%) + + Region tax (3%) = 8%.
6. Victor will pay Federal country tax according to service type (10%) + Region tax (3%) = 13%.
7. Jim won't pay anything, tax rules are not created for Russia and tax rules are not created for "Any" country.
8. Let's assume that we created a 10% tax rule for "Any" country on All services, and 15% for Shared hosting. If we had not created such rules and would use the ones described at the beginning, George will need to pay the amount calculated according to Example 7.
We can not identify you and respond to your message.