VMmanager OVZ database backup
Making a database backup copy
Complete the following steps to make a backup copy of the VMmanager OVZ database.
1. Create a backup plan.
In "Data settings" select - "Databases".
2. You can select "Databases" later, when creating filters.
When creating a filter select "Databases" and select a required database (for VMmanager OVZ only the main database is available)
3. To make a database backup copy you need to start the plan that you have created, or it will be started automatically based on the corresponding cron job.
Recovering a database from the backup copy
There are two scenarios of database recovery:
1. VEmanager is started, you can access it through the web-interface. In this case you can restore a database in the same way as container.
2. VEmanager is not started. In this case complete the following steps:
- find the archive of the database backup copy on your storage;
- untar the file vemgr_db.sql
- if the "vemgr" database is missing in mysql, you need to create it
- Execute the following command to recover the structure and data:
mysql -u user -ppassword vemgr < vemgr_db.sql
- start the function dbfix:
./sbin/mgrctl -m vemgr dbfix
if you are recovering from the VEmanager interface, the dbfix function will start automatically.
The dbfix function performs the following actions:
- synchronizes the containers that were migrated - on each cluster node (the list of nodes is taken from the recovered database) the list of containers is requested; containers in the database will be updated according to that list.
- deletes the containers that are not found on cluster nodes from the database.
New containers are not included into the database - you should import them with the function import.local.
We can not identify you and respond to your message.