VMmanager configuration file
|Hierarchy:||VMmanager KVM ->OTHER|
|VMmanager Cloud ->OTHER|
Before you start, please refer to the article describing the COREmanager configuration file as a number of parameters are taken from that file. All the settings can be divided into three groups: paths, options, and parameters.
In this article you will find parameters that can be modified in the /usr/local/mgr5/etc/vmmgr.conf configuration file. You will need to restart the control panel with the /usr/local/mgr5/sbin/mgrctl -m vmmgr exit command to apply changes.
Syntax: write in a new line. Parameter name=value. You can view a list of parameters with the /usr/local/mgr5/sbin/mgrctl -m vmmgr paramlist command
- CephAuthUserName - a username that is used for connection to Ceph. The default value is vmmgr.
- DistRsyncMaxProc - the number of rsync processes that run simultaneously (it is used for synchronization of OS templates and ISO). The default value is 3.
- CloudIpDev - network interface to which a license IP address will be added in case the master server is changed in VMmanager Cloud.
- CloudIp - IP address of the VMmanager Cloud license. That IP address will move from one cluster node to another in case the master server fails.
- CloudMask - a mask associated with the cluster IP address on the new master server.
- DBHost - server address where the VMmanager database is located. The default value is localhost.
- DBUser - VMmanager database user.
- DBPassword - database user password, specified in DBUser.
- DBName - VMmanager database name. The default value is vmmgr.
- LicIp - license IP address.
- MainIp - IP-address of the master node. Used for creating an NFS-storage.
- NfsMountParam - parameters that will be used to mount the NFS storage. The default value is rsize=8192,wsize=8192,timeo=14,intr
- NodeReservedMemPercent - the amount of memory in percent reserved on cluster nodes. The default value is 0
- NoVncStartPort - starting port for NoVnc. The default value is 15900
- NoVncEndPort - ending port for NoVnc. The default value is 16900
- NoVncNextPort - next port to be allocate for NoVnc.
- OsTplDistributionMethod - OS templates synchronization method on cluster nodes (nfs, rsync, manual). VMmanager-Cloud supports only rsync. VMmanager-KVM uses nfs by default. If you create a large number of nodes in VMmanager KVM, we recommend that you use distrsync. distrsync is supported starting with version 5.65. For more information, please refer to the article Synchronizing OS templates on cluster nodes
- OversellMemFactor - overselling amount. The default value is 100%. This value can be set in the "Policy" module.
- RebootOnDemandTimer - period in seconds that will pass before the next reboot of virtual machines for applying changes. The default value is 86400 seconds.
- Release - product version (alpha/beta/release).
- RsyncBwLimit - bandwidth limit during templates synchronization process (in KiB/s).
- sshAuthorizedKeysFile - path to the authorized_keys file. The default value is /root/.ssh/authorized_keys
- sshPublicKey - path to the public ssh key. The default value is [installation path]/etc/ssh_id_rsa.pub
- sshPrivatKey - path to the private ssh key. The default value is [installation path]/etc/ssh_id_rsa
- sshKnownHosts - path to the file known_host. The default value is [installation path]/etc/known_host
- TempIpType - type of temporary IPv4 address created during VM setup. The default value is "public". If that parameter is added into the configuration file, temporary IPv4 of a specified type will be always allocated during OS deployment/reinstallation.
- UserIsoCountLimit - limit on the number of ISO-images per specific user. This value will be applied if the limit is not set when creating a new user.
- UserIsoSizeLimit - limit on the ISO-image size per specific user. This value will be applied if the limit is not set when creating a new user.
- VmCountHardLimit - hard limit on the number of virtual machine on a cluster node. The default value is unlimit
- VMminiPanelKey - hashed password for access to vmmini.
- VncInterface - network interface that VNC of virtual machines will connect to. The default value is - auto. This value can be specified in the "Policy" module. *VmwatchListenIp - the IP address thatvmwatch-master listens. See VM status monitoring
- VmwatchListenPort - the port that vmwatch-master listens. See VM status monitoring
- BackupPriority - priority to start the backupctl process. Possible values -20 to 19, where -20 - is the highest priority, 19 - the lowest. 10 is set by default
- BackupTimeout - timeout in minutes for vm preparation. The default value is unlimited
- LVMSnapshotSize - disk size for snapshots in %. The default value is 100. Note: providing a value less than 100% may lead to snapshot oversize, therefore data cannot be added to disk.
- UserSnapshotLimit - limit on the number of virtual machine's snapshots a user can make. The default value is unlimit
Network and network interfaces
- BridgePrefix - prefix that can be added to a newly created network bridge. The default value is vmbr
- CorosyncTransport - data transfer type between cluster nodes for Corosync. Only for VMmanager Cloud. Possible values unicast and multicast.
- CorosyncPacketTTL - package time to life. The default value is 1.
- DefaultIfaceName - name of the main network interface of a cluster node. It is used in the VMmini configuration file for statistics collection. If that parameter is not specified, it will be identified automatically by the "ip" utility.
- MCastAddr - multicast IP address (only in Vmmanager Cloud). It is specified in the "Cloud functions" configuration form.
- MCastPort - multicast port (only in Vmmanager Cloud). It is specified in the "Cloud functions" configuration form.
Creation of virtual machines and OS deployment
- CreateVmDisableNodeTimer - period in minutes that will pass before a cluster node will be excluded from the list of available nodes for automatic location. If this parameter is specified, after creation of a virtual machine on a cluster node, virtual machines cannot be created automatically on that node during the specified period or before VM installation terminates. By default the value is not set.
- DefaultRecipe - recipe that will be set up by default. It is specified in the "Policy" configuration form. For more information, please refer to the article Recipes in VMmanager
- DomainDiskDriverCache - data cache method in libvirt (none, default, writethrough, writeback, directsync, unsafe).
- GenMACPrefix - MAC-address prefix generated by a control panel for network interfaces of virtual machines. The first two bytes of a MAC-address in hexadecimal notation colon separated. The default value is 52:54
- HTTPProxyv4 - HTTP proxy for IPv4. It is used for packet cache during the installation process using OS templates.
- HTTPProxyv6 - HTTP proxy for IPv6. It is used for packet cache during the installation process using OS templates.
- iSCSITargetDir - a target directory where disks will be created on he iscsi-storage. The default value is /iscsivolumes
- IsoCountLimit - limit on the number of ISO-images per user. The default value is 0. (In the control panel you can set a larger value, but the values from the configuration file will be applied).
- IsoLifetime - period in hours to delete a user ISO-image. The default value is 24
- IsoSizeLimit - limit on the ISO-image size per user. The default value is 0. (In the control panel you can set a larger value, but the values from the configuration file will be applied).
- ManagerMacId - VMmanager unique identifier for generating MAC-address.
- MgrURL - this parameter is not used.
- NextHopIPv4 - IPv4 address that is used as default gateway when installing VM OS template from template.
- NextHopIPv6 - IPv6 address that is used as default gateway when installing VM OS template from template.
- OsInstallAfterScript - path to the local script that will be executed after OS deployment (starting from version 5.27).
- OsInstallTimeZone - timezone, which is passed in macros to the kickstart script and recipes for time zone setup on a guest operating system during deployment. Host time zone is used by default.
- LibVirtDebugLevel - libvirt logging level. The default value is 3. The maximum level - 1, the minimum - 4. The log is written to [installation path]/var/libvirt.log.
- LibvirtHooksDir - directory where libvirt hooks are located. The default value is/etc/libvirt/hooks
- LibvirtNcTimeout - timeout for simple libvirt operations (that are not associated with data copy). The default value is 60
- LibvirtSockPath - path to the libvirt socke-file (the default value is /var/run/libvirt/libvirt-sock
Syntax: path space value, write with a new line. Execute the /usr/local/mgr5/sbin/mgrctl -m vmmgr pathlist command to output the whole list of paths.
- path BackupTmpDir - directory for temporary files of the backup system. The default value isvar/.backup/tmp Attention- do not specify the same directory both for remotetmp and BackupTmpDir
- Note: the control panel cleans the temporary directory on a regular basis. Do not use directories with important data as a temporary directory
- path ostemplatedir - directory that can be accessed through NFS on all servers. The default value is /nfsshare
- path ostemplatesubdirlist - the list of sub-directories of the OS template repository. (separated by ':'), where the system will search for templates.
- path recipedir - directory where recipes are kept. Default value is "/nfsshare/recipes/" If you run VMmanager Cloud please note: this directory should be inside the directory specified in path ostemplatedir
- path remotetmp - directory where a qcow image of a virtual machine is converted into raw. Default value is /tmp . Attention - do not specify the same directory both for remotetmp and BackupTmpDir
- path cmd_dd - path to the dd utility. The default value is "dd". It is used in Backus module, in migration of disks between storages, copying of disk image during setup. This configuration can be used to lower the load on disk subsystem by running dd via ionice (you can specify path cmd_dd ionice -c2 -n7 dd in the configuration file).
- path cmd_qemu-img - path to the qemu-img utility. The default value is "qemu-img". See the path cmd_dd parameter.
Syntax: Option space name. You can view a list of options with the /usr/local/mgr5/sbin/mgrctl -m vmmgr optionlist command
- Option BuildBridgesManually - do not automatically create new bridges and do not associate bridges with external interfaces on cludter nodes.
- Option DisableInstallQemuEvRepo - the centos-release-qemu-ev repository will be disabled before the installation of software on a cluster node. (Starting from version 5.87, only on CentOS 7).
- Option DisableRebootOnDemand - disable delayed reboot of virtual machines, which configuration was modified. Delayed reboot will be performed 24 hours after modification is made provided that the virtual machine was not rebooted or suspended from the control panel.
- Option ExternalIpAllocation - disable attempts to allocate an IP address without BILLmanager. It is used only in integration IPmanager + VMmanager + BILLManager
- Option HostBasedCpu - create virtual machines with the same CPU type as on the parent system. It allows to install virtual machines with Windows 2016 / Windows 10.
- Option IgnoreKVMHwSupport - add a cluster node, even if hardware virtualization is not supported.
- Option PeriodicFixIp - check correspondence between IP addresses specified in the configuration file of a virtual machine and IPs in the database.
- Option UserRecipes - allow users to edit recipes. A user will be able to view and read the list of recipes from repositories and those created by administrator, and as well as create his own recipes that won't be available to other users.
- Option UseOwnNetworkFilter - do not create anti-spoofing rules.
- Option VncSSL - enable SSL for VNC
We can not identify you and respond to your message.