Firewall rule settings
A firewall is hardware or software system that is configured to deny unauthorized access to certain services on your server while permitting authorized communications according to the specified rules. A rule defines which services will be allowed through your Firewall, and which ones will be kept out.
This module can be used to manage the network connections and create Firewall rules to accept or deny connections from specific IP-addresses.
View a list of services
- Action - action that will be performed with the packet:
- Allow - filter is off. The server accepts connections from any IP-address.
- Allow for - the service accepts connections only from specific IP-addresses.
- Deny - the server denies all connections.
- Deny for - the server accepts connections only from the IP-addresses that are not included into the blocking list.
- Protocol - data transfer protocol.
- IP address - sender's IP address.
- Port - destination port.
- Dependent rules:
- for "Deny for" - firewall rules for the IP addresses from that network with the "Deny" action selected.
- for "Allow for" - firewall rules for the IP addresses from that network with the "Allow" action selected.
To add a new rule for a service, select the service from the list, click the "Edit" icon and fill out the form:
- Action - select a desired action:
- Allow - access to the service is allowed for all connections.
- Deny - all connections will be blocked. IP addresses must belong to one network.
- Allow for - list the IP-addresses from which access will be allowed.
- Deny for - list the IP-addresses from which access will be denied. IP addresses must belong to one network.
- Protocol - select a data transfer protocol. You may select either all protocols or a specific one.
- Port - provide a port.
- Source address (network) - source of IP address. You cab provide a single IP address or a network, such as 188.8.131.52/24
- Denied/Allowed IP addresses - provide IP addresses that will be allowed/denied to access this network.
More information about firewall rules, please read the article [[ ]].
To edit a rule, select it from the list, click the "Edit" icon and modify the settings you want to change.
To delete a rule, select it from the list and click the "Delete" icon. Confirm that you want to delete the selected rule by clicking "OK" on the following window.
We can not identify you and respond to your message.