Firewall rule settings
A firewall is hardware or software system that is configured to deny unauthorized access to certain services on your server while permitting authorized communications according to the specified rules. A rule defines which services will be allowed through your Firewall, and which ones will be kept out.
This module can be used to manage the network connections and create Firewall rules to accept or deny connections from specific IP-addresses.
View a list of services
- Service name - the name of the service.
- Status - current status of the service filter:
- open - the service accepts connections from any IP-address.
- half-open - the service accepts connections only from specific IP-addresses.
- closed - the service denies all connections.
- half-closed - the service accepts connections only from the IP-addresses that are not included into the blocking list.
To add a new rule for a service, select the service from the list, click the "Edit" icon and fill out the form:
- Service name - provide a name of the service for which you want to set a new rule:
- Type of connection - select a desired type of connection:
- open - access to the service is allowed for all connections;
- half-open - access to the service is allowed only for the IP-addresses provided below.
- Allow for - list the IP-addresses from which access will be allowed.
- closed - all connections will be blocked;
- half-closed - access is denied for the IP-addresses provided below.
- Deny for - list the IP-addresses from which access will be denied.
- Action - select an action that will be applied to denied or allowed connections.
- REJECT - the connection will be rejected if the conditions specified above are met.
- DROP - the connection will be dropped if the conditions specified above are met.
We can not identify you and respond to your message.