To protect your billing system from fraudulent actions you may use a special function that requires your customers to pass a phone verification process before placing orders either by SMS or automated voice call.
Setting fraud protection
Complete the following steps:
- Navigate to Fraud gateways to add a fraud gateway
- Select the "Phone verification" check box in the product type or tariff plan edit form
Attention! If the "Phone verification" option is active for a product type, it will be automatically applied for all the tariff plans of related to that type. The check box won't be shown on the tariff edit form.
How it works
When ordering a service, the client will be asked to pass the phone verification process if he doesn't have his phone number verified.
Click the "Verify phone number" and enter the following configuration details:
Fill out the forms:
- Country - select a country where the phone number is registered. A country code will be shown in the "Phone number" field;
- Phone number - enter a phone number;
- Verification method - either by SMS or automated voice call; Be sure to configure anti-fraud gateways to use both methods.
Click "Get verification code" to choose an appropriate gateway to generate a confirmation code.
Gateway selection criteria
If the provider configured several gateways the system will choose it according to the following procedure:
- The system will select the gateway with the largest priority.
- It will check that the phone number corresponds to the gateway filter. If the number doesn't meet its requirements, the system will skip that gateway.
- When the billing system finds the first gateway that meets all of the requirements, it will stop searching.
Enter the verification code.
Navigate to Fraud protection to enter the following details:
- Timeout - time out in minutes to resend the confirmation code;
- Code validity period - period in minutes that will pass before the code expires;
- Number of attempts (only for "auto informer" gateways) - the number of attempts to reach a client for verification (how many times the gateway will try to reach the specified phone number using one verification code).
Go to Global settings to enter the following details:
- Number of attempts to send code - the maximum number of attempts to receive the confirmation code.
- Number of attempts to enter code - the maximum number of attempts to enter the confirmation code.
We can not identify you and respond to your message.